Do you like sauerkraut? Do you like it on bratwurst or sausage? If yes, then you’ll love this quick and easy meal. Sauerkraut, when naturally fermented, is a great source of beneficial enzymes, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and probiotics. Naturally fermented sauerkraut is easily digestible and nutrient-rich. I like Bubbies sauerkraut and here’s an awesome way to make your own.
- 1 lb pastured pork sausage or bratwurst, sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and saute until cooked through.
- Add the zucchini, pepper, and cabbage and saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add the sauerkraut and cook until warm.
- Serve on its own or over rice.
*Adapted from Sauteed Veggies and Sausage at the Real Foods Market Blog.