Avocado quesadillas are really simple to make. All you need are some ripe avocados, your favorite salsa, limes, cheese, tortillas, and butter. And if you have additional time, these homemade sprouted wheat tortillas are a healthy and earthy addition.
- 3 ripe avocados
- ½ lime
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 4 tortillas
- Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, scoop avocado onto a plate or cutting board.
- Mash avocado with a fork and then put into a bowl.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice onto avocado.
- Add salsa and stir together until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add ½ Tbsp butter.
- Take a tortilla and spread ¼ of the avocado mixture onto one side of it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the avocado.
- Fold the tortilla in half.
- Place the quesadilla in the hot pan and cook until the tortilla is brown and the cheese has begun to melt, about 1 minute.
- Flip the tortilla to the other side and cook until the cheese if fully melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot, topped with more salsa or sour cream.
Disclaimer: Some of the above links are Amazon affiliate links, which means if you click on them and purchase a product I will earn a commission on that product with no extra cost to you. I have used all of the products listed and I highly recommend them.