This simple way to prepare carrots is quick, but nonetheless tasty. The dill pairs well with the carrots and the green and orange contrast looks beautiful too. An easy side that everyone will like–cause who doesn’t like carrots? There are many different kinds of steamers, but I like one that you can put in a pot on your stovetop, like this stainless steel steamer. Then you just fill the pot with a little water and steam away. Steaming is great because the vegetable retains most of its nutrients and you’re less likely to overcook your food, which happens so quickly when boiling.
I like to use Organic Valley butter because it’s from cows that are raised in a pasture and it doesn’t have any growth hormones or additives in it. Read more about the benefits of eating pastured butter. I also like to use Real Salt because it has so many natural minerals in it. Read more about the health benefits of using unrefined sea salt here.
- 4 carrots
- ½ Tbsp pastured butter
- Dash unrefined sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh or dried dill weed
- Cut off the stem top and root bottom of the carrots and wash thoroughly. Peel if using non-organic carrots.
- Cut the carrots in half and then lengthwise into ¼" spears.
- Steam on the stovetop for around 8 minutes or until just tender, but not mushy.
- Lightly butter and sprinkle with salt and dill weed.
Disclaimer: Some of the above links are affiliate links, which means if you click on them and purchase a product I will earn a commission on that product with no extra cost to you. I highly recommend all of the affiliate products listed above.