This is my favorite omelet and favorite breakfast. And I think it’s healthy. Do you think I’m crazy? Yes, I think bacon, avocados, eggs, and cheese are healthy. They have natural fats that my body needs. This omelet includes bacon that comes from pasture-raised pigs, raw cheddar that’s full of amino acids and probiotics, and eggs from chickens that eat grass, bugs, and live in the sun. So, from healthy sources, I think these ingredients are beneficial to my health. This omelet is so good and it really fills me up. When I eat this for breakfast, I’m not hungry until lunch time.
Bacon, Avocado, Tomato, & Raw Cheddar Omelet
Author: Two Thirds Cup
Serves: 1 omelet
- 1 slice pastured bacon
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 small tomato
- ½ avocado
- 1 Tbsp raw cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- Dash unrefined sea salt
- Dash white pepper
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork until yolks and whites are combined. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon into ¼" pieces and cook in a pan over medium heat until fat has rendered, about 3 minutes. Remove bacon from pan.
- Wash tomato and dice half of it for the inside of the omelet, leaving a few slices for the top.
- Peel and slice half the avocado into ¼" pieces to place on top of the omelet.
- Grate cheese.
- Heat an 8" skillet over medium heat and add butter (or use the bacon grease).
- When the butter stops foaming, pour in the egg mixture and let it sit until the bottom starts to set, about 30 seconds.
- With a spatula, pull one edge of the egg toward the center of the pan and tilt the pan so the liquid egg fills in the edge. Do this all around the pan until there is no liquid egg left.
- Your egg should now slide around on the pan, if it doesn't, loosen it with your spatula.
- Now gently flip the omelet over with your spatula to let it cook for a few more seconds.
- Place the diced tomato and cheddar cheese in a line down one side of the omelet.
- Fold the edge of the omelet ⅓ of the way over and then turn the entire omelet upside down onto your plate.
- Top with the fresh tomato and avocado slices and sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve warm.
April Jensen says
Amazing work Katie. Thanks for sharing your gifts.