With all the vegetables, ground beef, and nutmeg, this soup has great flavor. This recipe makes a lot of soup, but it freezes really well, so it’s great for serving to a large group or for multiple meals. I don’t like a lot of meat in my soup, so 1 lb of ground beef is perfect for me, but you may want to add more.
Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
Author: Two Thirds Cup
Serves: Serves 8
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 4 carrots, cut into rounds or half rounds
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite size sections
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 29 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Brown ground beef in a large stockpot.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn to low, and simmer until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes.
Judith Fertig says
Judith Fertig recently posted…ThermoPro TP-20 Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer Review