This is my favorite way to eat brussels sprouts. I haven’t been successful with frozen versions as they always come out mushy and waterlogged for me. Leftover brussels sprouts aren’t my favorite either, but fresh and hot off the pan sauteed in butter, salt, and pepper–they’re delicious!
- ½ lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp pastured butter or bacon grease
- Dash unrefined sea salt
- Dash pepper
- Cut off the bitter, hard base of each brussels sprout.
- Peel off one or two of the outer leaves leaving only the fresh, unblemished leaves.
- Cut in half or in quarters (depending on how large) and leave the smaller ones whole if you'd like.
- Heat pan over medium heat and melt butter or bacon grease.
- Add brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper to pan and saute for 5 minutes.